Thursday, February 12, 2009

My New Favorite Song...Ever

Well..other than "Like A Prayer."



This is a group called Rupa and the April Fishes. I really like this song becuase it reminds me of me life in NC and of my Dad. She is a Dr. and a muscian and really gives it all in her songs. She is one of my new favorites. I ordered her CD and I hope it comes really soon! Give it a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGcAp3GBk6k

I used to dream of my red ship
That would take me away from here
To the open sea to the biggest blue
Complete with the cast of unsavory crew
That would show me things
That I shouldn't do

Well the masts were tall and impressive
And the old wood creaked perfectly too
And the full sails held promises of something true
And when we get bored of the way treat you--> (not sure of the words here..if someone knows)
We'll simply set a course for the moon

To my suprise as I've grown older
Living these days like dreams with you
I've discovered this ship waits inside my chest
And the winds fill its sail of the days I like best
Well it takes me it takes me alone
To this strange world that I've never known

Now I don't know when tides will call me
Away from the sweet life with you
And I wish...I wish I could stay forever
But since I was young I knew that was never
Such a thing but this wishful thinking

And so our stories rising while our lives are sinking
In time I will kiss you goodbye
On my way I will kiss you goodbye
Don't wanna go but I'll kiss you goodbye

wow....that is just a GREAT song! I hope you guys listen and like it too!!

Miss you,

D




1 comment:

Julie said...

Devin - Mogethin! Dari a langad? I send you the best and.... relate only too well. I was a teacher in North Fanif - in the peace corps about 20 years ago. Hope you get this and you are well. - Julie (San Franciso)

jjulieeh@yahoo.com